Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I own a MG5 took delivery 5 days ago, also bought a Zappi charger. Worked well the first couple of charges.

last night it didn’t work, today I watched the box as it was charging, basically charged it for approx 1/2mins, then came up as RCD Checking, then Charge Delayed status, then Charge Complete status. Slightly concerned as I only have 23% battery left.

I switched the Zappi off then On again to see if that would reset it. No change sadly.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how did you fix it?

Any help gratefully received!

·
jim5452
368 Posts
A few things could cause this
Have you set ZAPPY to FAST and if on ECO+ was the scheduled timer set for an alternative time, if using OCTOPUS AGILE was it an high peak period
Has the car got timed charging and was this attempt within the chosen time range
The charge complete is a bit of a worry unless the ZAPPY is set to limit the percentage, although that would be a bit low neverthe less a possibility

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can’t thank you guys enough, I tried the granny charger didn’t work. Zappi’s been set to fast. Nothing seemed to work. However I found info on another forum on here about WiFi ring mains extenders, I’ve just switched them off and it’s charging 🎉🍾. I’m so happy, now just need to workout how to get WiFi at the other side of the house 😆

1 - 6 of 6 Posts