Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Cracking car I believe. 64 & 39 kWh versions available. But some of these are subject to a battery recall & replacement program, check the other threads in here. Roughly it affects cars buitl from May to Nov 2019, problem was fixed after that. There's a list of VIN numbers, looks like maybe ?every? Kona in that list might be recalled. H say limit charging to 90% SOC until the battery's fixed, and they're dishing out a charge-credit on their Charge MyHyundai app, but I don't yet know the amount as haven't got mine yet for my Ioniq.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hi thinking of getting a 2nd ev looking at the Hyundai kona ev interested in everyone’s thoughts on this car tia
Great cars. Good amout of tech, pretty well built despite their plasticky feel, nice big battery and very efficient too for even more range per charge.

Only downsides are that the big battery doesn't have the fastest rapid charging in the world. It does take a little while. Also the size. If you look at it online you might think it is a large SUV. When you see on in person they are significantly smaller than they initially appear to be.

If it's to be a family car, definitely look at one in person to get an idea of if it will be suitable for your needs.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
145 Posts
Very similar to the E-Niro, which has a slightly larger boot so you may want to compare them both, it was this that swung me to the E-Niro, though a friend has just bought the Kona !

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Am I right in thinking Kia has 7 tear warranty, but Hyundai is 5? Does this actiually make any difference - I assume the HV battery/charger/inverter stuff w'ty is similar to usual 8 year/100k miles that most EVs seem to get?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts