Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every so often my e-Niro produces a two note jingle. I cannot find any indication on the displays as to why. It is a happy note and I do not think it is indicating anything wrong. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine does that wenn I drive my Kia the first time after a charge. It briefly indicates it cannot charge because it has reached it's charge limit. Not sure if it means the big battery or the 12v. It disappears very quickly.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a speed speed camera warning. It can be disabled in a menu somewhere.
That could be right - but odd that it is a happy jingle rather than a warning jingle. I don't think I was speeding at the time. Perhaps that is why it is a happy jingle.

·
Registered
329 Posts
@peterca

This is what you get when you approach a speed camera, and it should also ping sound as you go past the camera:-

Speed Camera Sound

John

EDIT:- changed ping to sound.

Reactions: peterca

·
Registered
48 Posts
I get that sound a lot when driving around. I have the speed camera warning turned off, and there are no visual on screen warnings.

If there is a way to turn this off, I'm all ears. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
The confusing thing if you don't have the map on the screen at the time is that people can add mobile camera positions so in which case you do not associate it with a camera if the van is not there.
You can add a camera position by pushing the camera icon on the map screen.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks very much. The sound you have attached is exactly the sound I couldn't work out. I have never noticed a ping associated with it.
Bad choice of words :oops: I should have said:- it should also sound as you go past the camera.

John.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The confusing thing if you don't have the map on the screen at the time is that people can add mobile camera positions so in which case you do not associate it with a camera if the van is not there.
You can add a camera position by pushing the camera icon on the map screen.
They can be added,but is there any way to remove camera positions?

·
Registered
220 Posts
This annoyed me too. I went into Setup, Navigation, Guidance and unchecked camera alerts. Haven't heard that noise since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts