Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So my Garmin Sat-Nav that came with the VW e-Up! died (completely, I tried a replacement battery to no avail) so I jumped on ebay and got a replacement unit that was previously in a SEAT and followed this thread over at upownersclub on how to switch the unit to the correct brand and model.

Everything is more or less working correctly other than the e-Up! specific Think Blue trainer (which still things gears are a thing) and the UI for setting timed charging which is only in German and doesn't want to save any settings that I add.

Anyone out there with a 2013-era e-Up! that could check and share some of the files from their unit so I can try and fill the gaps? What with Garmin Fresh being a dead thing it's a little difficult to try and get the software updated on this thing.

Any other ideas/thoughts also appreciated.

Screenshots -

This menu shows that the unit is aware it should be providing electric specific options, it just isn't quite right with the text in German:

Think Blue is showing an incredible 9.4miles per kWh and thinks I need training on how to use gears...

An even more impressive 409 mpkWh...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't have the e-Up anymore but I did have a similar problem and still have some files but I'm not sure if they are what you need happy to share if you sent me a direct message and on here with an email address I can try and email a link.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With Trapdoor's kind assistance I was able to compare the software on my device versus what his e-Up! had.

The "Navigon" badged device has software that dates to January 2012 which is before the VW e-Up! was released, checking the files from Trapdoor I could see that several had different file sizes and that the ones which contained text information had many more additional lines at the end relating to electric charging.

Turns out the "Garmin" badged devices have software that dates to 2013, a later OS version and (according to Google, but haven't been able to verify) double the memory.

So I've returned the "Navigon" badged device and purchased another which had the "Garmin" badge, all is now good and "Henry the 3rd" is now installed in my car.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Pleased that you got it sorted in the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts