Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Renault Zoe 2015,cat d repair that won't charge has the stop as well.

I think it is a trapped wire or a sensor that has been activated.
This picture shows the active with a ground fault. There are about 10 of these under the LBC.
IMG_20190824_161945.jpg IMG_20190824_162131.jpg IMG_20190824_162456.jpg IMG_20190824_161945.jpg IMG_20190824_162131.jpg IMG_20190824_162456.jpg IMG_20190824_164832.jpg

I also added one with the cells showing 0.
I have one that I will put on later.
It's the ground and place I am trying to locate.
Traction battery says 100% but won't charge.
Lights work then trip.
Finally one code says SRS active yes.
Thanks Simon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yes some cells were small numbered in the high N range.
I have the bumper off and can see pinched cables so starting there. i am going to check tomorrow which ones
It states battery health status as 100%.
i have just had a picture of the dash normal now all gone lol
could be 12v so will see tomorrow. IMG_20190825_171023.jpg IMG_20190825_171030.jpg IMG_20190825_171044.jpg IMG_20190825_173935.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
The voltages are quite varied (one is 2.7v one 3.8v) so once it does start go easy on the battery until you can charge or even better just check it moves then charge first before driving it to let the batteries balance.

I’m not sure what voltage is out of range for a Zoe but 2.7v is pretty low, hopefully it will let you charge it up from that low.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope but it started to refuse my key and other things
I think I need to charge the 12v battery.
this all happened when I moved the harness back to it tomorrow.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right I found some badly squashed/ crushed cables in the wiring loom. repaired them.

I have also got an odd event. on the UPC (i think this is a fuse issue on the internal workings)
I have 2.5 -3.5v here and 12.5v else where.
there was a memory fault but i cleared that, it was to do with indicator/light earth.

My puzzle is when we start with working on Zelda the windows open. then when we try using the indicators or lights the windows stoop working and we also don't have any indicators. they flash through the main hazard fuse so all works just a short.
Anyone know where or which fuse box the UPC is connected to. I want to measure the voltage back to that point.

Thanks

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,112 Posts
I couldn't find a fuse for the UPC in the cabin fusebox in the original German description, so I assume it's one of the fuses in the red box on top of the battery. Needless to say the APC has several of it's own fuses on the bottom side.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had a break through a little I think.
whilst trying to trace the break in the windows after the indicator was turned on, I had moved and removed UPC Unit Module 284B62494R, this seem to clear a few error. so when we tried a few more times again it slowly tried to stop working. So when we moved the wires the windows worked without going off.
So got a start point for the ground, it also didn't start with the error.

going to order a used part and see what happens to the low voltage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried everything to the UPC but no go.
We did get the ready light and other things but still not working.
I have no indicator but I have hazard like a ford run off the relay.
But we have a bad earth short as all live is giving a tone when we connect to any red wires. Only one isn't earthing is the wire on the top left, no tone.
Anyone know if this could be the DC converter or could it be another issue.
Thanks Simon

·
4,112 Posts
I very much doubt it's the DC/DC converter. It has no dealings with the UPC. If the voltageof the battery goes up when "started" (READY) you're good to go in that area.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks Yoh-there.

My thoughts are that the break from the front end crash has caused the short in live to earth. Continuity says nearly every red cable is earthed. I am not sure wether a new fuse box would solve the missing indicators and earth problem. (all fuses are okay)

as you are in a left hand drive do you know if there is a difference in this to the one linked above.
Thanks

·
4,112 Posts
I am >99% sure there isn't a difference. Actually, apart from the braking system, I am fairly sure everything under the bonnet is the same LHD en RHD.

·
4,112 Posts
Not much I can say, but the 12 volt problems seem secondary. The LBC (HV battery controller) look serious, and it's probably not allowing it's contactor to kick in, hence no 12 volt charging. Normally it's voltage would be driven up alsmost immediately to 13.4 ish volt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
3 Participants
Simon Loker
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing