Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Blade
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all in the know

I’ve taken the following screen shots from a second hand 2016 leaf 30 with 26k miles. I’d be very grateful for anyone that could help me decipher the data.

Attachments

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,351 Posts
I think it looks fine for the age. SoH is 90% of what it was when new. That's close to expected.

While there are people who have higher SoH, degradation seems to be a function of time. Mine is 66 model and its at 92%.

SoH will change as you use the car and BMS recalibrates (longer the cycle, better is the calculation).

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
First pic refers to voltge per cell, red ones are not balanced while blue lines represent balanced cells. the data on the top refers to your car as @Hermit Dave so clearly explained :)
2nd pic shows battery State Of Charge (SOC) as 42.60% with details of available power voltage and Amps
3rd pic you're in 1 of 2 screens, that specific one showing the usage of power, there is another screen that will show you the SOC, GIDS and DTE (distance to empty)
Final pic shows the latest trip, red line is your speed while blue line represents elevation.

With 26% battery on your phone you maybe want to go and plug it :D

·
Blade
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - so about what I should expect? I also saw the chaos report from Nissan that only have him 3 stars out of 5 for leaving the charge at 100% for longer than necessary? Could this be relevant?

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,351 Posts
Thanks - so about what I should expect? I also saw the chaos report from Nissan that only have him 3 stars out of 5 for leaving the charge at 100% for longer than necessary? Could this be relevant?
While leaving car on full charge to long has effect on SoH, nothing like ageing.

If you think you are going to use the car more than 50 miles tomorrow, charge it overnight.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Jak, It's possible that your car hasn't had the BMS update, where it's showing around 4% less SOH than it really has.
Your dealer will be able to tell you, I got mine done FOC.
Mine also seemed to benefit from a mix of rapid and slow charges, yours has few rapids (6) (6Q/1281L1/L2) and so may improve with a few more.
The other main battery benefit is to try to keep it between 20% and 80% unless you're going to use it.

·
Blade
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for your responses - ill certainly check out if the car has had its bms update. Thanks again.

jak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts