Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Buying or selling? Private or trade? Condition? Everything A-OK? Service history? Or for insurance valuation?
Lots and lots of variables!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi , 2011 Leaf , one owner 15K miles , 11 bars on battery any ide what its worth please
I sold our 2011 Leaf (with 40k miles and 10 bars) to an EV dealer for £5k six months ago.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I reckon a dealer would charge around 7 to 7.5K, so private without warranty 5.5 to 6.5K.
Check the battery with Leafspy to make sure that is OK as It will be several years out of warranty now. Don't just rely on the 11 bars showing. However if there are any bad cells they can be replaced but you'd need to budget for that. If all the cells are showing as being fairly even it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
10,183 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Something else to check is the top of the offside suspension strut. Due to poor design these may fill with water and can corrode badly. (A problem that continues to this day with all models of the Leaf unless the owner has placed a cap over it.)
I'd also ask to see it charging with the Granny Charger (a type 2 to type1 cable wasn't included by default but the granny charger was.)
Has it got the SD card for the satnav? It'll likely be well out of date however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts