Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own this type of power wheels/ride on vehicle. Whenever the gas pedal was pushed it would just die. I will turn it off and then turn it back on and it would start fine but then as soon as the gas was pressed again it would die. What do I do?

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Had to Google this make of EV to find about them! Start 'em young, I say! :)

Take it back to the vendor if under warranty? Else get an electrician to put a voltmeter on the battery(s) when you're trying to operate it, they may be clapped out. If that's ok, do the wheels spin properly if the wheels are in the air, i.e. no load? possibly the batteries can't suppl;y enough voltage when there's a decent load on them, and that makes the electronic control circuit drop out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to Google this make of EV to find about them! Start 'em young, I say! :)

Take it back to the vendor if under warranty? Else get an electrician to put a voltmeter on the battery(s) when you're trying to operate it, they may be clapped out. If that's ok, do the wheels spin properly if the wheels are in the air, i.e. no load? possibly the batteries can't suppl;y enough voltage when there's a decent load on them, and that makes the electronic control circuit drop out.
Wow thanks for the information!!! I’ve had it for 5 or 6 years an my grandma bought it for me on Amazon but they said there’s nothing they can do since it’s not American made…I haven’t had a chance to get a volt meter thing from my neighbor since I don’t have one . I think it is an electrical problem because there is a screen that it runs off of and the screen freezes for a few seconds before it sets off so that’s what I’m thinking. I’ll get the voltmeter thing and I will let you know I’ll keep you updated thank you so much once again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts