Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Excellent pics in your thread. I applied my silicone lubricant and it worked a treat. Even gently going from R to P works every time. I'll get some spray grease and apply it when it's drier on the ground.
If you're already lubricated it well with silicone grease and that seems to have done the trick then I'd probably just leave it at that for now - it's not usually a good idea to mix silicone and mineral oil based greases together and a decent silicone grease will do the job just as well.

By the way is your car an early one with the extra linkage and two switches like mine or the later one with the single switch and no extra linkage ?

I suspect that the earlier design is more susceptible to this problem, and possibly why they decided to delete the link rod and extra switch fairly early in the car's production run.

It's a 2011 one that is the sister car to yours. We both got ours in early 2017 from the same backstreet garage.my battery is at 39ah after 25.5k miles. I don't use it enough and I think is where all my problems have come from.

I'll take your advice and just stick to the silicone grease. I'll give it an application once a month just to be safe.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.