Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stood chatting close to an Ampera that was plugged in at Central Milton Keynes today, and all of a sudden it started making a bit of a fuss.

The horn was beeping repeatedly (quite quietly) over and over again, drawing a fair bit of attention.

Why would it be doing this? So far as I could tell is was unattended.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the car thought that the charging cable was being disconnected and the cable theft alarm was set off, and then connecting again?
There wasn't anyone (that I could see) nearby. There was a Porsche parked next to it in an EV bay though, I thought maybe it was the d**k alert?

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
That sounds like what happens when you turn the power off but don't unplug the charge lead. I can only assume the charger stopped charging and shut off. If I don't unplug my car within a couple of minutes after killing the power yiu get the intermittent alarm you describe.

hth

Derek

·
Registered
340 Posts
Agreed. Mine did that at home once when the power went off whilst it was charging. Shame you can't disable that in the configuration menu for public charging...

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
Or (I have done this so don't mock) they forget to set the car to immediate charge and the car was having an argument with the post.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I tried to charge in Milton Keynes today but they have changed the rules and I now need a different card apparently. My source East card seems to work at fewer and fewer places

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I tried to charge in Milton Keynes today but they have changed the rules and I now need a different card apparently. My source East card seems to work at fewer and fewer places
That's interesting , I tried to use mine on the ecotricity charger at Medway as it has the source east logo but it didn't recognise it. It did work on a source london post recently but took several attempts !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts