Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an Ampera for 3 months now after running an LPG Corsa from new in 2005 and managing to cover 240,000 miles in just over 8 years. My daily commute was just over 100 miles so that is why I racked up quite a bit of mileage in it. I chose the Ampera mainly because of my like of Vauxhalls and the possibility of my employer installing a charging point. Even though I would not have been able to commute purely on electric it would have cut my fuel cost down dramatically. The car has lived up to my expectations unlike the dealership which is another story for another thread.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Welcome, that's a heck of a lot of mileage your covering! Looking forward (in a morbid fascination kind of way) to hear about the dealer experience at some point too, sounds interesting.

I'm guessing the Ampera is proving more comfortable/easy on the commute?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul, car is a lot more comfortable than Corsa although I think it tended to be warmer in winter but then I was not really thinking about 'power use' in the cold. Being automatic is great in the traffic when I get near Edinburgh and the regenerative braking means I hardly ever use the brakes I just had to adjust my driving style to suit.

Dealer experience will be in the imported EV Chat posts but basically:-
Car collected midnight on 1st September (dealership does not open on a Sunday at all)
Headlight alignment way out to the point unless I adjusted them fully down then I was dazzling oncoming drivers.
Blemish in the paintwork next to front driver's door handle (how it was not noticed at the factory let alone the dealership I don't know, still waiting on report regarding remedy.
Bits of protective film left on the door hinge panel.
Steering wheel not aligned correctly, (this took three visits and Vauxhall intervention before it was finally fixed).
Dirty scuff mark on headlining next to drivers sun visor, not rectified on first visit back for paint defect.
Adhesive residue on the back of driver's sun-visor where a sticker had been peeled off, not rectified on first or second visit back.
Both front and rear number plates on squint.
Original order had a promotion of £150 holiday voucher, subsequently signed order form had the promotion changed to £100 prepaid fuel card - still not received this.
No documentation/guarantee certificate for paint protection coating, and still not received.
It's a pity there are only three dealerships kitted out to deal with the Ampera or I would be going elsewhere.

So much for my intention for a brief reply, still sounds like a long tale of woe.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
If I'd have asked at a social function I'd have been slowly edging sideways by the second point. ;)

Seriously though, always good to share, sounds like a terrible experience, so shows the strength of the car and community that you stuck with it and are a happy motoring!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts