Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I have decided to defect from fossil fueled vehicles and have a new E-2008 GT on order.

I have had a BP ChargeMaster installed all ready to go, now just waiting for the car ETA in November.

Is there a list of things to do or expect (good or bad), or guide, when entering the world of EV's? I confess, at the moment, I know nothing about EV cars nor the experiences of networks of chargers out there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome. You have much to look forward to. Having your own fuel station at home one of the greatest joys. Worth spending some time familiarizing yourself with public charging. Zap map a good start point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok got EDF Energy coming out 1st Oct to remove my stupid meter and fit a smart one, then its goodbye to them after 38 years with them on standard tarrif (also British Gas, got to part with as also been with for 38 years on standard tarrif) and hoping/going to what I understand is best for EV, Octopus Agile, would that be correct?

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
468 Posts
We ordered our Kona last December with a likely delivery in four months. When we did the deal I thought what am I going to do with four months. Actually the car was delivered in 3 months, but even then the time flew by with so much to learn! Best decision was to join this forum for great advice.

My tip for now is to ensure you're sorted with charging at home. If you need a smart meter than can take some time to get it installed.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
If you have a better half and a 2nd 'main' car, plan for your old main car to be used a lot less than you are expecting and to fight over who gets to drive each car...
Prepare for major bouts of smugness in the winter when neighbours are deicing and you get into your preheated ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I say I've already got my own charge point fitted and ready to go. I've practiced the grabbing of charge plug, and pretence of plugging it into a none existing car at Formula one speed's just for laughs (sad?).

The smart meter is going in on this Thursday 1st Oct, then switching over to Octopus.

As for other cars, I have 4 other cars all of which will be going. Once we've got our EV, and things settle then we can reassess if we need a second car but plan is no second car anymore leaving a huge driveway (for London sizes that is), dont know what I'll do with all that room.

Living in East London I may look to rent out space on driveway for people to park and travel into city, also with possibility of offering EV charging and parking for commuters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts