Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm Mark.

I've been thinking about purchasing a Vito Tourer for a while, I've never had a van before and would really prefer the visibility of glass all round hence the tourer, but realistically at £25k+ it's too expensive for me.

I would like an auto which is not an option available on most small vans, part of the reason for looking at the Vito with 7G. I've never owned a diesel before (and don't particularly want to now) either, which is what moved my attention to the Kangoo Maxi Z.E and the e-NV200, smaller vans than I'd planned on but should just be big enough.

I've popped to the local Nissan dealer and sat in a standard diesel NV200, there seems to be enough space up front, and the rear is abit like my V70 but twice as tall, so I can just about use the 1 van instead of 2 vehicles.

The e-NV200 seems to be the more useful as a van with rapid and 6.6kwh charging and also reasonably quick at lower speeds with the higher output motor.

Looking at Tekna Rapid Plus spec and one registered after 1.11.2016 to get the full 5 year ev and non ev warrantee. A shame so many are White, as a bit of colour makes a nice change. I'd also like the versatility pack however I've never seen a pre registered or demo one spec'ed with one yet.

A combi would be nice as I don't specifically need a van, higher speed limits and better visibility as well. However they seem significantly more expensive and rare as ex demo's etc.

However when I was in the dealer they stated they expected a new larger capacity battery to be launched in September. I'd imagine that the current ex demos/pre registered vehicles would get.a big discount at this point. Is there likely to be other updates at the same time, eg 360 cameras etc?

Any knowledge or ideas would be useful.

I'll start a thread in the e-NV200 section soon to ask a few other questions regarding what people have managed to pay etc.

Thanks,

Mark.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I am on my second ENV200 They are great.
You will not be dissapointed.
Pay the bit extra and get the Rapid Plus. This has the 6.6kw charger and you can make better use of the public charge points.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying, I would definitely prefer a Plus.

Is there any way to physically distinguish a 6.6kwh charger?

I gather the only physical difference is that the little display screen gives 2 times for time to full charge?

Shame they couldn't just make the plug socket a different colour depending on the max charge the car can accept.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks for replying, I would definitely prefer a Plus.

Is there any way to physically distinguish a 6.6kwh charger?

I gather the only physical difference is that the little display screen gives 2 times for time to full charge?

Shame they couldn't just make the plug socket a different colour depending on the max charge the car can accept.
Unfortunately its just the double time display on the dash that is the main giveaway.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If you're at the dealership the way to tell is to look at the V5, it'll have "rapid plus"if it's the 6.6

If you do a lot of motorways then you may want to hold off till the next generation expected later in the year.

A recent price for a 2016 eNV200 Combi Tekna rapid plus was priced at £15,000 +VAT - ex-demo with 4900 miles on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting price on the Combi, think it would be a bit over budget once VAT is included (it will be a personal purchase), but I would quite like it over a van.

It may sound odd but I feel the combi looks a bit more friendly than a van( same with the Vito van and Tourer for example), as with a van you never know if its full of riches or just empty, so people may be more inclined to break in, the combi is easier to see in that its empty and less likely to have loads of hidden treasures, it's more likely a family wagon so more likely to be full of sweet wrappers and muddy carpets, lol and windows all round is a bonus. Seemed weird sitting in the standard NV200 van, looking back where the rear window would be and just getting a load of bulkhead. Probably not a concern to those that have driven vans in the past, however I never have.

Should be fairly easy to make some black felt window blinds with strip magnets sewn in, so you can just stick them in the window frame (I think only the Evalia is fully trimmed so you don't see metal around the window frames) without damage so if i was taking stock to a show they could be temporarily covered, same if going some distance and some one wants to block out the sun.

Lastly the ability to seat 3 people would allow us all to travel somewhere in the vehicle, whereas the van would have limited use for day trips to eg York. So 3 seats would be very usefull, 5 or 7 is not so much of a concern.

Does anyone make a mesh bulkhead for the combi version?

If you buy a van/combi registered after iirc the 1st of November 2016 then the 5year/60k EV warranty stands but they also increase the general mechanical warranty to 5 years/60k instead of 3 years and 60k miles as well (I think body and paint is excluded). So thats perhaps worth a few quid extra as well.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I believe you can negotiate crazy low deals on these at the moment, as some of you know I sold one of our 6.6 fully loaded ENVs on here a couple of weeks ago for £8500 inc vat. Had about 20 people after it. It was cheap because it had to be gone by June1st for tax reasons.

Anyway, what I learned from speaking to those 20 people is that huge discounts can be had off the list prices on autotrader etc. due to the new battery coming soon. They want these vans gone.

I'd be going in silly low with a load of dealers and see who phones back. You don't NEED the Tekna, the nav is terrible on the ENV anyway, fit a double din Android screen in there instead and save a couple of grand.

6.6 IS needed though, don't buy without it, also get heated seats and steering wheel. If you remove the bulkhead you will need them in the winter!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know what size the new battery will be? and if it will be a new design NV200 or a facelift model?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a larger reply above to the first couple of messages, however it is awaiting moderation so I haven't ignored the earlier messages, Cheers. :)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It will probably have 40 and 60 battery versions and, please Nissan, please, a bench seat in the front so 3 people can travel? Even the shitty Kangoo has this option.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I have not seen any details on bigger battery or any updated versions??
That's because Nissan haven't announced them yet, however the rumours have been circulating for a while and there have been sightings of what is believed to be the next eNV200.

It's supposed to be around September time when the announcement comes, maybe around the same time as the Leaf unveiling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The new model could be very interesting, however it will most likely be a lot more expensive to buy.

I guess the question is, is it worth the risk to buy now, and just how cheap can you get one for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got a few questions to ask about the Combi, but I will move over to the e-NV200 forum, incase the information can help others in the future. On the plus side, spotted this today nearby after watching the triathlon riders go by.

IMG_1568 1.JPG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to get a used e-NV200 too.

How do I get the display to show the condition of the battery (those 12 bars)? I had a sit in one today and no amount of button pressing seemed to bring it up.

Is it still important to get one with a "plus" charger for use with public charge points?

·
Registered
949 Posts
When you cycle through the options on the 4 button panel on the lower left hand side below the steering wheel, you can go into the settings option, then press the top right button to scroll down to detail, press the top left button to enter, and then you can access the options to add, one of which is battery capacity.

The Plus just means it has the built in 6.6kWh charger, so if you're on a 7kW post, you'll charge in less than half the time of a 13A socket. Whether or not that's useful to you will depend upon where you're going, and if you're able to leave the vehicle on a destination charger, rather than spending 30 minutes or so on a rapid charger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for that.

Supplementary question: is there an online resource that will tell me, from the registration number, if a vehicle has a leased battery or not? Most adverts don't specify this and it's often hard work getting through to a person who knows.​

1 - 20 of 21 Posts