Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I've had my Leaf nine weeks now after test driving one when I was about to renew my pcp on a Nissan Juke. Only just discovered the Speak EV site and it's great to find such a thriving and growing forum for all EVers. I live in Finchley, rarely see another EV except when charging in IKEA Wembley and the odd G-Whizz around town. I've been impressed with how friendly other EV drivers are. I am really enjoying the EV experience, especially in the Leaf. I am a lecturer at West London College (Lecturing in Electrotechnical Technolgy) and drive the dreaded A406 North Circular every weekday. I have not yet had a stressful journey to work since swapping to the Leaf and am loving it. I don't have off-road parking but have found ways round home-charging and also rely heavily on public charging points, especially the rapid charger at Wembley IKEA. I would be interested in hearing from all EV drivers and especially those of you who live and drive in London.

Well that's all from me at the moment, don't know what else to say, except hello from me, Kenn in East Finchley.

·
Banned
558 Posts
.. I am really enjoying the EV experience, especially in the Leaf. I am a lecturer at West London College (Lecturing in Electrotechnical Technology and drive the dreaded A406 North Circular every weekday. Well that's all from me at the moment, don't know what else to say, except hello from me, Kenn in East Finchley.
Welcome - nice to see an academic in the group! No doubt there are others, but they are 'hiding their lights'!
Hope you will also consider joining the EV Drivers Assoc EVDA-UK, we could do with beefing up the liaisons group? http://www.evda-uk.org
Lastly - can you consider the DLR survey that I posted on another thread?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Hello and welcome, I have to agree with regards to relaxing commutes, it's a different experience entirely in an EV!

Seems a bold move to have no home charging, but glad to see another example showing it can be done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome - nice to see an academic in the group! No doubt there are others, but they are 'hiding their lights'!
Hope you will also consider joining the EV Drivers Assoc EVDA-UK, we could do with beefing up the liaisons group? http://www.evda-uk.org
Lastly - can you consider the DLR survey that I posted on another thread?
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the welcome, I have signed up to the EVDA-UK this evening with the username kennas but have not yet had the opportunity to browse the site yet. I am still working my way through this site and have been reading with interest some of the issues. Although I see taxation and charging for electricity use as inevitable, I strongly agree that it is a little too premature to start increasing costs, especially when you consider the amount of EVs, notably the Leaf being ditched due to lack of infrastructure etc. For me, personally, one of the major issues is not simply reducing emissions but the bigger question of what happens when fossil fuels run out? I am always disappointed when manufacturers fanfare their latest car models that perpetuate dependency on oil. I will complete the survey later.

With Best Wishes,

Kenn

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I am always disappointed when manufacturers fanfare their latest car models that perpetuate dependency on oil. I will complete the survey later.

With Best Wishes,

Kenn

I must admit the more I've learned about EVs and become engrossed in this world here the more it frustrates me when manufacturers scream so proudly of 40-60 MPG (claimed) figures. Just not impressive, at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts