Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not yet an EV owner, but as I'll be looking to buy in about 18 months I need to get up to speed on all the issues! Currently I'd pick the XC40 Recharge, although mostly because I'm already a Volvo owner (2015 V60) and it's a really great car that suits me very well APART from the horribly unreliable diesel engine.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Don't mention the "D" word! But I think you got away with it !! :) . In 18 months time, anything petrol/d... is going to be looking more & more ancient and undesirable, as more cities start to crack down on urban pollution. You'll always have the hassle of Adblue, DPFs, clutch wear, EGR valves clogging,... etc associated with lots of sliding mechanical bits. Surely there will be something fully electric by then with similar capability to what you want? Lots of people here will flood in with advice & suggestions any moment now ! Welcome to the madhouse... ;)

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
2,027 Posts
Having recently bought an EV I’d looked closely and discounted phev offerings as the worst of both worlds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. I think it was mentioned on fully charged that phevs were important 10 years ago, but don't go there now. Expect increasing number of rapid chargers to fill in the gaps across the country. Look for reliable networks such as Instavolt. If you're a Volvo owner, why not the Polestar?
Yes, the P*2 does seem to be a much cheaper way to get the same chassis and performance. I'd definitely be interested in their offerings when the time comes.

I intend to go fully electric.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
...EVs are best charged where they are parked overnight. Now is the time to make sure you can get a charge point installed.
Hmmm, so you foresee a supply-lockdown happening when the dash-to-Evs goes viral, and pandemonium follows ??? ;):)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts