Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi floks, I am totally new to BEVs and am looking to change my 2018 petrol Citroën C4 Picasso. I want to get something about the same sort of size and need to be able to fit a tow hook. Not for anything heavy, just a small trailer.

We, the Boss and I, are retired and don't do mega miles, so if anyone can help with non Chinese ideas we would be very grateful. Purchase price has got to be one of the limitations unfortunately :cry:

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Mitsubishi Outlander 2nd hand is all I can think of. Very few EVs can tow, until you go for the larger & newer ones. Eg ID.3, Corsa, Peugeot's, Zoe's cannot tow. Leaf has been seen with trailer attached, but AFAIK not type approved for this in UK so a dodgy proposition.

Reactions: andrew*debbie

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I’m no fan of “designed in China” products either, but the MG is genuinely a good car...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We may well be steering away from pure electric and the Kia PHEV2 could be worth looking at. It can take a hook and it seems to fit with the regeon that we are looking at?

It's impossible to get a test drive, or even be able to sit in one at the moment, but there's the dealer in Chippenham that has one on show outside that we can have a glance over.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Have you considered the Jazz eHEV? Electric drive with a generator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It isn't big enough for our needs. One of my hobbies is RC model gliders and fitting some of the models in that I have needs more room. This one for instance has an almost 4m wing span and even with the wings off it's going to take the sort of room the C4 Picasso gives us.

https://flic.kr/p/2jHUwoJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts