Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow EV enthusiasts. We're here to join the conversation and help you with any questions you may have regarding our products. Our account will be managed by our team of industry experts, who are looking forward to answering your questions and joining in the discussions. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've got a pod point RFID card, never seen a charger for use by them...

do public chargers Exist with pod point?

i do wonder if anyone in charge network company management has heard of wales!

still nice to see someone official from the company (y)

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
343 Posts
Are you planning to install a charger in the existing / proposed store in Shrewsbury?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Off to Luton airport in a while and noticed no chargers there (its not like a lot of people visit the location or anything), fancy installing a few posts, I am sure it would make Chargemaster happy given the proximity.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
7,537 Posts
Thanks @POD Point - Any questions will probably fall into a small number of categories. One about when and where the charging infrastructure will be expanded , another about standardising payment fees across the network, and one examining the thorny problem of 'apps' in general.

It's the last one that I am more concerned about because it is the source of so much wasted time and irritation to so many EV users. For far too many people an app failure can lead to a mini disaster. I'm sure that you will be fully aware of the controversy so there is no need to elaborate here. Suffice it to say that the first Company to grasp this nettle and enable access and payment for charging via a credit/debit card, just as we already use for oil based fuel, preferably using touchcard tech, will become an immediate EV hero. Nothing to stop that running parallel with an app system of course because that would be a credible back-up to cover any card glitches, and vice versa.

Any news that you could give us on this topic right now would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
Tesla Model S 70D
935 Posts
Hi I can see you have added a charger at Watford B&Q car park. What I cannot find is how much you charge for it's use.

Thanks.

·
Lettuce Leaf early to be sure of arriving on time.
900 Posts
Thanks @POD Point - Any questions will probably fall into a small number of categories. One about when and where the charging infrastructure will be expanded , another about standardising payment fees across the network, and one examining the thorny problem of 'apps' in general.

It's the last one that I am more concerned about because it is the source of so much wasted time and irritation to so many EV users. For far too many people an app failure can lead to a mini disaster. I'm sure that you will be fully aware of the controversy so there is no need to elaborate here. Suffice it to say that the first Company to grasp this nettle and enable access and payment for charging via a credit/debit card, just as we already use for oil based fuel, preferably using touchcard tech, will become an immediate EV hero. Nothing to stop that running parallel with an app system of course because that would be a credible back-up to cover any card glitches, and vice versa.

Any news that you could give us on this topic right now would be much appreciated.
Yay. Indeed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got a pod point RFID card, never seen a charger for use by them...

do public chargers Exist with pod point?

i do wonder if anyone in charge network company management has heard of wales!

still nice to see someone official from the company (y)
Hi Stead,

You can find our chargepoints on our Open Charge here: Nearby charge points | POD Point Open Charge. Or you can download our Open Charge App on your phone for free. There's no membership fee you just sign up with your email address.

We've passed on your feedback regarding Open Charge Points in Wales to our team and we're doing our best to expand the network.

I have listed some Open Charge locations in Wales below if you'd like to view them:

Co-Op Churchstoke: Charge your EV at Midcounties Co-Operative - Churchstoke | Open Charge
Morfa Shopping Park:Charge your EV at Morfa Shopping Park | Open Charge
Tesco Extra Llansamlet: Charge your EV at Tesco Extra - Llansamlet | Open Charge
Rhug Estate Farm Shop: Charge your EV at Rhug Estate | Open Charge

Thanks for your question.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi I can see you have added a charger at Watford B&Q car park. What I cannot find is how much you charge for its use.

Thanks.
Hi Phil.

Our Pod Point is called Ruth-Trudy and is free to use at The Arches Retail Park in Watford.

In the future, if you wish to find out if a chargepoint is free to use you can download our Open Charge App and search via location or name of Pod Point, or you can use the Open Charge on our website here: Charge your EV on Ruth-Tess at The Arches Retail Park.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hi Hitstirrer,

Thanks for this, it's good to know as we are the new to the forum.

We'll certainly be noting down all of your EV 'pains' and passing this on to our product development team to make our network as smooth as possible. All feedback on our service is greatly appreciated.

We will be sure to keep you updated. (y)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hi Stead,

You can find our chargepoints on our Open Charge here: Nearby charge points | POD Point Open Charge. Or you can download our Open Charge App on your phone for free. There's no membership fee you just sign up with your email address.

We've passed on your feedback regarding Open Charge Points in Wales to our team and we're doing our best to expand the network.

I have listed some Open Charge locations in Wales below if you'd like to view them:

Co-Op Churchstoke: Charge your EV at Midcounties Co-Operative - Churchstoke | Open Charge
Morfa Shopping Park:Charge your EV at Morfa Shopping Park | Open Charge
Tesco Extra Llansamlet: Charge your EV at Tesco Extra - Llansamlet | Open Charge
Rhug Estate Farm Shop: Charge your EV at Rhug Estate | Open Charge

Thanks for your question.
cheers, never knew those ones in Swansea existed!

Does the RFID card have any use now or is it just via the website? I have a windows phone so any app's are useless to me, weirdly everyone I know in real life who has an EV also has a windows phone and they are as stubborn as me about changing their phones!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi @POD Point are there are plans to install more charging points in Norfolk?

Reactions: Ian R

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
747 Posts
Hello fellow EV enthusiasts. We're here to join the conversation and help you with any questions you may have regarding our products. Our account will be managed by our team of industry experts, who are looking forward to answering your questions and joining in the discussions. :)
Hi Pod Point, great to see a charge company on here, I'm sure it will be an education for all involved... I recently became a fan as you installed the 1st chargers in my local area for miles at the new Rushden Lakes site, top job on the installation of worthwhile 22kwh posts & brightly marked out (y).. Can I ask if your going to put up some big signs about non EV cars been fined in these bays? I'm sure your aware there's always some ice drivers who still insist on blocking these charging spots & fines for doing so seem to work quite well in other towns...
R :)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts