Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I am a G-Wiz owner, don’t laugh please! I really love my little car and its great for running around locally. I have had it 3 years 7 months and done nearly 8,000 miles.

In the past I have looked looked about for some help on the net but the community seems small and the one forum I started using disappeared. I did some looking today and this is what I found:

Reva Electric Car Club – REMOVED

Reva Car Club – isn’t a Forum

EV Workshop/G-wiz – only 38 threads last post Jan 2017

Electric Forum is active but not much on the G-wiz

DIY Electric Car Forums – ACTIVE but looks more like USA

Which lead me finally here ! to Speak EV which has some G-wiz threads and is ACTIVE. Am I in the right place? can anyone offer any technical help? I would like to return with what I can going on my experiences so far?

I drive a 2012 G-wiz i model with a now broken battery meter after unplugging the dash!

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

·
Registered
107 Posts
I take it it's not the lead acid battery version? Then you're in the right place... Well I've seen some strange cars in my time but gee wizz that takes the cake!
I can't offer any technical help I'm afraid, but I'm sure there are others that can. I'd post in an old G-wiz thread if I were you - probably still some owners lurking about.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,859 Posts
I'd suggest Mike Schooling at www.indra.co.uk as a good starting point. He does a lot of specials and conversions and should be able to help with a G-Wiz. From what I remember the systems are fairly simple so should be relatively simple to fix/upgrade.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi . This looks like a car for a real enthusiast; you look a bit cramped in there but I feel that if it were not for cars like this, we would not have progressed to the electric vehicles we see ( increasingly) on our roads today. I also suspect that in 5 years time folk will look at the present day Leafs and Zoes and day "how on earth did you cope with driving one of those". Actually some already do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts