Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am Ralph and although originally from London but these days I live in Matlock, Derbyshire.

My wife and I are half way through our plan to retire to the Midlands. We have moved but my wife is still working! As part of the plan, we sold our second car (Merc C200K) and kept our Astra Estate as the more practical car for the Peak District. As we are regular cyclists and walkers, we usually have an outing at weekends.

The Astra has been fantastic, with no extra costs apart from routine servicing (even the battery and exhaust are 9 years old). When we heard about the Ampera, it made perfect sense for us. We can potter around the local area electrically, do our shopping trips and days out, yet still have the range for the occasional trip back down South.

I drove the Ampera (LHD) at the Eco event in Battersea and was very impressed. I also had a chat with Simon (can't remember his last name), the Ampera Product Manager. I understand it is not just coincidence that he is also Product Manager for the Insignia, as many of the features of the two cars are similar, particularly in the infotainment area. My best friend has a `Ziggy’ so it will be interesting to compare features of the two cars.

I must confess to being a bit frustrated that Vauxhall have not taken my order yet. They did say after all that it would be in the last quarter of the year. We are off to Australia for a month next week, so unless they do so in the next couple of days, that’s that until January!

Anyway, I am looking forward to hearing from other potential Ampera owners.

Al the best, Ralph

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Hi Ralph and a warm welcome!

I think the "Simon" you spoke to is Simon Pearson.

We spoke to him at the ePioneer test drive on 25th Nov and he said that they would start to take firm orders in 7-10 days but that was before the fires in the USA of the Volt. I suspect that they may have to put things on hold for a while until the investigation is completed. There is a rumour that the UK launch may be delayed (unconfirmed). :(

I have to say though that the Ampera does sound like it would suit you very well.

Let's hope that the Volt issue turns out not to be a major design fault and that we can get our cars on schedule.

Glad you have joined the community :)

·
Banned
558 Posts
Hi all, I am Ralph and although originally from London but these days I live in Matlock, Derbyshire.... Ralph
So whatever happened to Ralph? Nearly 2 years on? How did it all work out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts