Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Drew, I have an elcat city van, 1992 in bright yellow, it's an ex- gatwick vehicle. I bought it as it wanted to have a play in the ev world, as only run classic vehicles on a daily basis and fancied something different! So far I have spent a small fortune on getting it going.
After new batteries and a new charger it now works, but I am disappointed by its low speed.... 40 mph max, and it's range which seems to be about 12 miles, looking for a bit of encouragement so thought I would join.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Welcome @Elcatdrew :)

WOW!

There are quite a few people here that share your interest in self-build and DIY. @Kevin Sharpe has recently started a project to convert a VW camper van to electric drive. I look forward to hearing more about your project and you never know... you may get some help with the Elcat :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Thanks for joining in, feel free to share your joys and woes in the general 'Open EV Discussion" forum, maybe we'll get enough DIY discussion eventually we can have a forum just for you tinkerers. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! And yes Kevin, it's me! I've been doing other things and been busy, but came across this forum and thought I'd join. I realise that it's mainly for new cars, but I'm hoping that people may start playing in the future. I have modded all of my cars in some way.....the mercedes 190, land rover series 2 and volvo amazon all run on waste veg oil when I can get it, but it seems most folk now have a buy back deal, so I can only get it from smaller, private outlets.
My plan in time it to use the van for the bits and do a car.......my datsun 120 f11 coupe would be a brilliant and unusual candidate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts