Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all probably posting the wrong way round having posted in a few topics and now introducing myself.

I've finally took the plunge and ordered a ex demo leaf tekna having driven the leaf and the i3 I really liked both but fell in love with the i3 but couldn't justify the added expense and 6 month wait.

Been looking fondly at the leaf for a a couple of years but disregarded it because the slow charging rate and lack of public charging (in 2011-12) this all changed after seeing an advert on Facebook for the installation of 32amp home chargers. I then started my research! I've never researched a car purchase as extensively as this before I feel like I've read every post every blog every review ever written about ev's :)

The leaf replaces my Smart Roadster that I've had for over two years, the time has come to need the extra three seats.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Friday when I pick up the leaf hopefully never looking back

·
Registered
449 Posts
Great move @Gazjen. I have the same model and love it!
Just a word of caution: Have you confirmed that the ex demo had 6kwh charger as this is a factory option not many dealers spec on their demo models. It's the one thing that I think is essential and chances charging from an inconvenience to a blessing! (20 miles per hour as opposed to 10 miles with the standard! )

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the welcomes, yes the car definitely has the 6.6 charger on board its not so much as a demo car but the "leaf experts" company car. I was actually very impressed with his knowledge after visiting a few other dealerships and experiencing a few oh's, ermm's and i'll go and checks :)

I will miss the smart it was a really nice quality car built in a small package, had a quite a few toys and could be parked just about anywhere was great fun and still returned 48mpg

I received my charge master card today, I hope their chargers are as efficient as the admin side I only registered/credited on sunday :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Not sure where you're based in the UK but you should apply for a Ecotricity "for the road" membership card (free) and Source London/Midland/East/West membership based on your geographic (currently £10-20 per year). The CM is only good for accessing the free posts provided by Waitrose/Asda and a few other shops

·
Registered
449 Posts
the demos we get tend to be Nissan auto allocation so we have no control over whet we get. ive just had a red Tekna 3.3 with solar spoiler delivered. I actually wanted and was negotiating a white Tekna 6.6kw for my next one.
Its just a shame Nissan didnt include the 6.6kw as standard as its a pretty essential element for sustainability. Unless the customer expects to only ever charge overnight and never use public charging!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered an ecotricity one too I think with that and the chargemaster I should be ok for a while. I shall be popping to ikea for a free coffee on Friday :) well if the card comes!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also went for a look round the outside of work today and found a unused weatherproof 3 pin socket. Just need permission to use it now.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Gazjen, great news on your car purchase. You really wont be disappointed!

That's lucky you have a weatherproof 3 pin socket, better ask for permission and offer to pay for any electricity used.

I have been asking for six months for the above from my employer, still no luck!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picked up the car on Friday (Eventually as the Nissan dealer had IT issues) and love it so far, I've travelled about 150 miles so far and used my first rapid on Saturday at Ikea it drew quite a crowd at one point. People looking at the charger then walking around the car pointing at the lead. I was sat watching from a far having my tea in the restaurant. Ev's are pretty rare around here still. As I type this the other half has taken it to town shopping, now I know the whole idea was for us to both use it but I'm not so sure now I'm feeling quite protective :)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Thank you for the welcomes, yes the car definitely has the 6.6 charger on board its not so much as a demo car but the "leaf experts" company car. I was actually very impressed with his knowledge after visiting a few other dealerships and experiencing a few oh's, ermm's and i'll go and checks :)

I will miss the smart it was a really nice quality car built in a small package, had a quite a few toys and could be parked just about anywhere was great fun and still returned 48mpg

I received my charge master card today, I hope their chargers are as efficient as the admin side I only registered/credited on sunday :)
Congrats on the new car!

I see you are in Nottingham, both the Racecourse and the Queens Drive park and ride have ChargeMaster/Polar charging points.

The 7KW ones are free, and there are 4 bays at both sites.

Queens Drive also has AC/DC rapid charge bays

HTH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts