Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone, just wanted to give you a quick intro and say hi. I've just bought a 2012 vauxhall ampera and I'm based in Hemel Hempstead. Luckly my work place has a free charging point that I'll be making full use of once I have the required cards :)

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
420 Posts
Hi Dave! Who makes the charger and what network is it on do you know?

Sometimes multiple cards work on one point..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a pod-point charge point. I've got 2 cards - source east and plugged in midlands.. Still waiting for them both to setup my account however, tried them and they don't work.. And applied for a pod-point card but still waiting for anything back from them..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah - still waiting for my pod point card.. Chased them up a couple of times but still not heard anything.

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
420 Posts
Oh dear.. not good. All my cards came pretty quickly - I now carry Chargemaster, Ecotricity, Source East, Pod Point and Charge Your Car in the E-Up! all the time.

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
420 Posts
TBH, I probably don't need the Pod Point - but with the upcoming changes to Source London, I'm not sure I can rely on my Source East card to work on all points as it used to. The Chargemaster one is useful for Asda points I've found and I joined CYC as they've randomly stuck three rapids on this network in the county this month!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just managed to grab a half-hour charge in Waitrose using the polar iphone app. It took a coupe of go's to unlock and get it charging, but it looks like it worked fine. Very impressed..

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If only the Ampera could take a higher power charge..30 mins only gives about 5-6 miles back at top whack. But you now know the card works so very useful!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I used the polar app at Asda in Brighton a few weeks back, quite impressed, and even more so when a RFID card popped through the letterbox on the Tuesday morning.
I managed to squeeze 3 hours in, which was quite handy !
6.6kw charging on the ampera would be awesome, maybe one day :)

Ps, welcome to the best car GM have ever built, hope you enjoy it !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts