Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
To be delivered; 2020 Peugeot e-2008 GT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I've taken the plunge into the EV world after lurking for a while and wondering whether it was for us as a family.
We've ordered a Peugeot e-2008 through our work lease scheme which we're hoping to receive towards the end of April (Current world problems allowing)
I'm hoping I might be able to find some advice and support here as even the charging points look an absolute minefield with loads of different charging companies all with their own infrastructure and their own apps.
Err, that's about it really.
Nice to meet you all.

Best regards
Pete.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Welcome! Nice car, I thought about one to replace ageing Rex, but discovered it can't tow, not even the tiny trailer I use to take garden cuttings to local tip! What is it about all these new Bevs? Id.3 takes a tow-bar (Yay!) - but - only to put a 2-bicycle carrier on, no trailer! Ioniq Bev can't tow, though the Phev version can! Yesterday the Tesla Y starts deliveries & we finally get details of bodysize - but guess what, can't tow!

Afaik there aren't any Bevs in the medium-size-not-horrendously-expensive band that can!

As I've just demonstrated, expect a few rants in this Forum! Makes us feel a lot better after getting them off our chests.
:)

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
77 Posts
Yesterday the Tesla Y starts deliveries & we finally get details of bodysize - but guess what, can't tow!
emonstrated, expect a few rants in this Forum! Makes us feel a lot better after getting them off our chests.
:)
I think the Tesla Y can tow as there are photos on the internet of Tesla testing a Y or two with a tow-bar. The other well known towing model is the Audi e-tron

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
77 Posts
Hi Pete, welcome to the forum, it is proving to be very useful to me. There are posts about charging issues, but you're right, car charging is at an early stage and I'm not sure how it all works either. ZapMap is a useful app, and home charging is wonderful, but going a long way from home needs planning. Have you watched the FullyCharged YouTube videos - especially the six Maddie gets an EV set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Pete, welcome to the forum, it is proving to be very useful to me. There are posts about charging issues, but you're right, car charging is at an early stage and I'm not sure how it all works either. ZapMap is a useful app, and home charging is wonderful, but going a long way from home needs planning. Have you watched the FullyCharged YouTube videos - especially the six Maddie gets an EV set.
I haven't yet Ian, Thanks for the tip. I'll do that now :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Welcome - hope your EV arrives without delay.

Reactions: PeteFoxEM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning all,
Finally, after all this time, our EV is about to be delivered on Monday 1st June.
I'm excited and also slightly anxious especially as all the electrical work that needs doing at our house got postponed because of the Covid19 pandemic so we're stuck on a top rate charging meter and a Granny Charger.
Fortunately, we can charge on a 22Kw charger at work (if I can get there early enough) to beat all the other folks with an EV's to it.
Anyways, hope to post some more stuff about it soon.

Take care everyone & Stay Safe.
Pete.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Morning all,
Finally, after all this time, our EV is about to be delivered on Monday 1st June.
I'm excited and also slightly anxious especially as all the electrical work that needs doing at our house got postponed because of the Covid19 pandemic so we're stuck on a top rate charging meter and a Granny Charger.
Fortunately, we can charge on a 22Kw charger at work (if I can get there early enough) to beat all the other folks with an EV's to it.
Anyways, hope to post some more stuff about it soon.

Take care everyone & Stay Safe.
Pete.
Good luck with the new car, and welcome!

If you're stuck on an expensive electricity tariff because you can't get a smart meter - may I suggest Octopus Tracker. If you switch to Octopus, request a smart meter (for their Go or Agile tariff), you can then request to go onto the Tracker tariff whilst you're waiting for the smart meter to be installed. This uses average time-of-day usage patterns to track the wholesale cost of electricity - which has been incredibly low recently. You can also request a Gas tracker, also very cheap at present.

My cost on Agile has been an average of under 4p/kWh for the last two months - no solar panels, fancy tech or batteries (apart from in the car of course), just reasonably mindful to avoid charging or washing machine use in the 4-7pm peak period. Tracker won't be quite that cheap but it has certainly been in the <10p/kWh bracket for quite a while in my region.

And, of course, you'd be welcome to use my referral code to bag yourself an extra £50 😉. Again, welcome and hope the new car lives up to expectations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts