Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have been following activity on this forum for a while and noticed that it had a very active community.

My name is Vincent and I am the founder of a new Irish startup looking at Charging as a Service.

Looking forward to participating in some juicy EV talk!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! So tell us about this charging EVs anytime?
Our service is looking to charge any EV, anytime, anywhere without charging infrastructure using high output mobile charging modules. We will be launching early next year so keep an eye out for us!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
So are you using banks of batteries or diesel to power this? I know the AA(?) have some service like this in the UK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We use batteries charged off renewable power sources when possible. Couldn’t be using Diesel now could we! You’re right through, it’s similar to the AA’s service; only difference is this is for charging for everyday use rather than emergency use.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Well, I wish you the best of luck with your venture - sounds interesting for those who don't have off-street parking.

But I do wonder whether there's enough of a market (and margin) for you to make a viable business out of it!

Do you use electric vans (eNV200 perhaps?) to get your charger to the customer's vehicle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are planning to use a combination of pedelec cargo bikes and electric microvans

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
We use batteries charged off renewable power sources when possible.
We are planning to use a combination of pedelec cargo bikes and electric microvans
What is the weight of a battery with a decent (tens of kWh) amount of energy? Can this weight be carried on a cargo bike?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure! Heavy duty cargo bikes can carry or tow up to 200Kg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome concept Jouley, and haven't heard anyone targeting the 'charging for everyday use' rather than emergency space. All the best on your launch next year...and I'm sure the busy days ahead in getting it all set up. It's a much needed service for the off-street parking public who are desperate for more convenient charging solutions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Chargebound!
We're deep in battery development at the moment and we'll keep you updated on our progress as we go along.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts