Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just dropping by to say hi.

I own a Mk1 Nissan Leaf and a Vauxhall Ampera.

I got the Nissan Leaf in April 2011 and was one of the first (several of us got it on the same day!) in the south-west. We have now done over 21,000 miles and love it to death! This is a daily use car and get usedd almost every day for the usual shopping, clubs etc.

We had a Land Rover Freelander as our other car when we got the Leaf and so it wasn't long before we wanted a car we could easily use for long trips when we couldn't go in the Leaf but we still wanted an electric capability and so we got the Ampera in May 2012. We use the Ampera mainly for longer trips and have done about 20,000 miles in that now too. This too is a great car and a wonderful piece of technology but there are one or two design niggles and we would prefer to have battery with a longer electric range. Nevertheless, we still love it.

Looking forward to enjoying some friendly EV chat :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Hey Paul, thanks for dropping by and signing up.

We are EV only at the moment (two adults, two kids), but I do have long-range concerns with the LEAF, we'll see in a year how things are going.

I really hope Tesla and others start kicking on with long(er) range batteries/vehicle, will be the watershed moment for many people I know when 200 miles at an affordable price becomes reality!

Weirdly, I never considered any type of hybrid or range-extended cars, I wanted BEV all the way, based on nothing other than principle and loving the MINI E experience so much many years ago... Still feel much the same as it stands!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts