Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
vauxhall corsa e elite nav
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
almost a new EV owner here, getting a Vauxhall Corsa e elite nav in October?
Will be our first venture into EVs, need to know what apps and cards I need for charging it comes with a six months subscription to polar plus and I know Instervolt just needs a credit/debit card any other cards or apps worth having?
can I ask admin to include a Vauxhall section as there appears to be a few of us?

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
992 Posts
can I ask admin to include a Vauxhall section as there appears to be a few of us?
There's a section for GM For the earlier Vauxhall cars, and a PSA Section for the newer models.

As for apps, download Zap Map to find the chargers you need, ABRP to plan your journeys, and work out from the two above apps what chargers are along the routes you drive and may be handy to register with. Electric Highway is good for all the motorway services, and Pod Point is good for the supermarkets. Everything else would probably just be down to preference and where abouts you live and regularly drive to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a section for GM For the earlier Vauxhall cars, and a PSA Section for the newer models.

As for apps, download Zap Map to find the chargers you need, ABRP to plan your journeys, and work out from the two above apps what chargers are along the routes you drive and may be handy to register with. Electric Highway is good for all the motorway services, and Pod Point is good for the supermarkets. Everything else would probably just be down to preference and where abouts you live and regularly drive to.
Problem is as a long term Vauxhall owner in the UK I only know Vauxhall by its brand name and not GM or PSA.
cheers for the other information.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
992 Posts
Problem is as a long term Vauxhall owner in the UK I only know Vauxhall by its brand name and not GM or PSA.
cheers for the other information.
You're not the first to say that, and almost certainly won't be the last. In the case of your new Corsa, it would be handy to know about the new PSA Ownership though since the Peugeot e-208 is almost identical to the Vauxhall Corsa. A lot of the chat topics you'll find about the Peugeot car may apply to your car so may be worth checking them out every now and then to learn or share some knowledge about it. I'll definitely put a suggestion in to include Vauxhall in the name to the forum team to see if it can maybe help avoid some future confusion.

One other question worth asking is have you sorted out your plans for charging at home? Decided on what home charger you would like and have plans to get it installed in time for the car? Or will you be using public charging close to home?

Anyway, welcome to SpeakEV! Hopefully we'll see you around more once you're enjoying your new car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer has sorted out the home charger as part of the deal, Podpoint will be fitting it once they get the registration for the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi @CHR1SG
I'm new here also (long time lurker).

Might be worth checking what cables come with the car - My i3 (on order) only comes with a UK plug/granny cable and no type 2 to type 2. Important if you need to make use of the public non-rapid chargers.

We had a podpoint fitted months ago, was a very easy install for us.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car comes with type2 to type 2 cable.(y)
and welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts