Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up to the board, but I've had my Ampera 3 weeks now. (They happened to have my preferred options available on the first batch)

The biggest adjustement I've had to make is getting used to driving an automatic. Hopefully my left leg will stop twitching whenever I pull up at a junction ;)

Another Paul...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
There really are a lot of Pauls on the forum!

Hi Paul and Welcome!

It was wierd enough going from a noisy petrol to the Ampera let alone having to drive auto... it doesn't take long.

Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm based in Nottingham.

Only have to drive 7 miles each way to/from work, so going electric for my next car was always an idea, but as the rest of may family are all over the country, so I really wanted a car that could handle the occasional long trip.

Then along came the Ampera and it looks like the perfect fit (although it is a bit pricey).

I have been driving an MG ZS 180 for the last 9 years, which is a fun drive, but not very efficient (rarely ever got 30 mpg from it). The acceleration in the Ampera is very similar (especially in sport mode), but the suspension is a bit softer (this both good and bad, not as good in the corners, but alot more confortable on uneven road surfaces), and the stearing not quite as pricise.

After driving manuals for about 20 years, going automatic is a bit strange. I have to concentrate to not reach for the clutch everytime I pull up at a junction (I doesn't help that as there is no engine noise I relfexively think it is about to stall). I suppose with time I'll get used to it.

Thanks for the welcome.

Another Paul.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hi Paul, I missed that you were in Nottingham But I've seen your pin on the map! I'm in Nottingham too, but I haven't seen you driving around yet :p If you fancy a meet up any time to talk car, give me a shout (by PM).

Mike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts