Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my commute to work is 9 kilometres, well within the 50 advertised. Considering the fact that my car is a late 2016 and assuming some degradation, you'd assume around 30 in the best scenario.

I left home today with 17kms showing. I had the AC at 23 Deg C and a foot and window blower set to the bare minimum, just to have some circulation and prevent fogging up.

I arrived with 1km left and that's after I switched the AC off half way down the road. My consumption was around 28 kWh/100km. I was driving in wet conditions. The mode was "normal". I was in D mode.

The roads are 60kmh and about a kilometer of 80kmh. Half the commute is also stop and go.

What's or consumption?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’ve noticed I get >2miles more range if I turn the HVAC completely off. ie: AC off and fan speed zero. Don’t forget to turn the heating in the heated wing mirrors off!

I get the impression the heated seat uses less energy than the HVAC. Sod the wife and the kids in the back! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yesterday I managed 19.8kWh/100km by having the HVAC on to 21* with OAT of 13.5

I guess it's city driving also with a lot of stops and goes thus high consumption.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts