Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zoe and Twizy.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i have done so far 17,000 miles in the Zoe and 12,000 in the twizy. this will continue to increase by 200 miles a week in the twizy and around 600 a week in the Zoe.

I can honestly say the Zoe has been mega, not a single problem apart from the awful satnav radio and integrated screen system...awfully slow and tedious.

the twizy had a relay fault...they changed the battery with it and sent the lot back to renault for checking...that was cool so now have new battery in the old girl...she is used all the time and I love to drive her...its a real challenge making the ranges...never broken down or run out of power except once in the Zoe when the ecotricity warwick charger played up and it is still playing up as we have tried to use it three times and it never works...north bound anyway, southbound is fine...

they both need a bit more range...the twizy another 20 miles so I would say another 4kwh in the battery packs, the zoe needs 40kwh...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
That's a great report for the Zoe, likewise no problems except the R-link stuff and occasional reluctance to charge but that seems to have been fixed. A little bit more range would be nice but it's still the best on the ( mass) market .

·
Zoe and Twizy.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got to agree totally...only other choice is a tesla which does not add up to me...

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
@Paul O'Brien my experience is very much the same as yours. 15000 miles in Zoe so far. My telematics unit failed in the summer but dealer sorted it without fuss.
My only complaint is that I can't keep it white with all the mud on the roads!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Anyone beat 15,000 ???
Be interesting to see if all those who said the battery lease scheme was "unacceptable" will now be outright buying the Zoe. (Personally, knowing more now on degradation and with the new rates I am happy to stick with leasing ) :)

·
Zoe and Twizy.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yes as I said 17,000 and it increases by about 2500 a month...they are good cars but my range has dropped a bit too much for our liking at the moment...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts