Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
can I ask what kind of electric range you getting? I'm hoping to commute around 40 miles a day if I buy - what percentage you guess would be in EV mode?
I think you could be only sure of 30 miles in winter (and you’d have to be careful of heat)

in summer, on a careful run, I’ve had 50+..... but risked running out much less in summer, so I’m less sure of the expected range to be honest, maybe 45 comfortably ?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I can manage 41 miles at this time of year, fairly regularly - but then I drive like a nervous granny and don't use much cabin heat.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I only managed 23 miles on a fully charged battery a couple days ago - however, that did include hills and several stops of around an hour or so (which I know will cause higher battery consumption) - And, I now have my Winter wheels and tyres on! Generally during a normal working day I managed a comfortable 40 miles in Summer but during this rain and cold, I struggle to see much more than 35 miles on average.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’ve had my 2012 for just over 2 years and it’s been great, it now has about 127,000 miles and I have it serviced at Halfords, it’s going in on Monday for MOT and interim service, which includes oils and filter. I paid £8250 for it, love it to bits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This might be of interest - my son lives in Dallas Texas and has a Volt that has done 205k miles. When he bought it recently it's lifetime average MPG was 45 miles. When you appreciate the distances travelled in Texas (to get anywhere) it's no surprise that the bulk of these 205k miles were covered using petrol - or gas as it's referred to over there. Point is, it's good news for us as it sort of demonstrates the robust-ness of the petrol engine. We all talk of the electric side of the drivetrain, and not wanting to tempt providence, but that little 1.4 litre ICE seems to do a good job as well.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts