Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a few miles from home and the car started making a series of ”bing” noises, a bit like you get if you open the door with the car still switched on, but higher in pitch. After between 5 and 40 bings they stopped, but then started again shortly after. There were no warning lights, no messages, everything seemed normal. Then about a mile from home they stopped altogether.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Something on the passenger seat? without a seatbelt?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Well there was indeed something on the passenger seat which isn't normally there :oops: (a child seat and the charge cable - I had the back seats down) but I thought I would get a warning light? (I do if I don't put the driver's seatbelt on - does it only apply to the driver's seat?) I will remove and see if it goes away!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Annoyingly there are no warning lights to accompany the bongs for the passenger seat. I'm sure we have all spent many worried minutes trying to work out what's wrong, even pulling over and restarting!... fortunately we all now know, so you get a speedy answer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to resurrect an old discussion but for the benefit of future members I thought I'd update this.

After a year of owning an Ampera I have discovered that there is a warning light for no passenger seatbelt after all. It's on the roof!

So a red warning on the dash and bings for the driver, a green indicator on the dash but no bings for the rear seats, and a red light on the roof and different bings for the passenger! :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts