Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to stop the siren sound ( actually, sounds more like an exotic bird) coming from somewhere inside our new Electric VW Id3? These things always have to happen at the wrong time of day or night when, the garage is closed and everyone (incl. our neighbours) is about to go to bed!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alarm due to 12V battery?
Tks for replying. Know idea. The sound has stopped on it's own now for the past 1,5hr (yeeh!). In the morning, contacting VW dealer directly.
Our car is brand new. Has been with us for nearly 10 days. I'm wondering whether it could be due to the sudden drop in outside temperature. Didn't use car all day. Standing outside on our drive. The sound started during the evening suddenly.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,689 Posts
My alarm went off at 2:30am this morning. I was awake, and was trying to use the app to start a charge. The alarm went off, but I was able to open and close the locks using my remote key from indoors to silence it. Then I went back to sleep...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My alarm went off at 2:30am this morning. I was awake, and was trying to use the app to start a charge. The alarm went off, but I was able to open and close the locks using my remote key from indoors to silence it. Then I went back to sleep...

·
Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
289 Posts
Nightmare if it's going to do that every time charging starts in the early hours. Rightmove ads will start saying if you will be living next door to an ID.3 owner or not. Could add thousands to the value of Leaf owners neighbours houses. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For your neighbours sake (and yours!) hope they still continued to sleep without disturbance !🤭 Our car has an appnt at the dealer next week. They shall run a check, but they have mentioned that it is most likely the in-built pedestrian warning sound alarm that went off suddenly. And this should have been deactivated at the factory before arrival at the car dealership. Shall hear further next week then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts