Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all,

Just took delivery of an 18 month old (15 plate) GX4h and all is well so far.
I am charging from the wall with the standard charger and consistently getting 38-41 Miles shown as the maximum EV range.
From the forums I was expecting 25-ish to be shown at full charge and to get 28 Miles in reality with careful driving.

Should I be pleased?
Or have a found a way to damage my battery by overcharging it?
Has anyone seen the same?

Thanks for any and all input!

Dan

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Dan, don't worry you can't overcharge the battery. I have never seen anything north of 32 miles indicated on mine but between 25 and 30 miles is possible depending on whether I use Eco Mode and the aircon etc. The question is what are you actually achieving as the numbers are only a guide and change as the conditions do as you drive. For example using regen down a long hill can add a couple of miles and a steep climb can knock a few off in a few hundred yards. I have had mine for 6 months now and 90 percent of my driving is EV.

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
128 Posts
consistently getting 38-41 Miles shown as the maximum EV range.
Has anyone seen the same?
Yes, when my extended route home includes a significant downhill section (ie nett decrease in altitude), the next day I will see range estimates of say 68km. I get an accurate estimate (which for me is 47km) when I do a simple round trip of say 35km from home and back (no change in altitude).
The reason for this is that the range remaining estimate is based on the energy used in the last X miles of driving. So if there was a nett decrease in altitude during those X miles, less energy would have been consumed and the car assumes that will be the same for the next trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts