Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Do you have a LEAF with 160,000+ miles on it?

• Yes= How many miles/ KILOMETERS

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Will you screen shot it?

• Will you e-mail your SOH leaf spy app result?

• Year, model S, SV, SL. and KWH 24,30,40 62

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
That's a lot of quick charges and miles. I'd like to bet that the SOH would be a lot lower if the car was left for a month or two without any DC charging allowing the battery readings to settle to an accurate number.

My last LEAF was a 2016 30kWh which I got rid of at 102k miles, original battery pack and reporting 92% SOH. I didn't really notice any major loss in range or anything and it seemed to be driving as good as always. It sat at a dealership for a while and stumbled across someone looking to buy who found out the SOH was in the mid 60's by then!

Admittedly I really pushed the car at times with more DC charges than you, and sometimes did as many as 10 charges in 24 hours with the battery temperature at times showing all the way into the red to the point that charging speeds halved and motor power was limited. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if the numbers in this screenshot are artificially inflated because of this quick charging.

I'll see if I can dig up screenshots if I still have them to show you just before I got rid of the car, and if I can find the ones from the person who was interested in buying about 2 months later showing the huge drop I'll also post that here if I can find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts