Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread might get a little of hand so reader beware.....

I'm picking up a MY17 i3 Rex in 2 weeks time and getting quite excited however I have a growing concern... Cupholders!

Wife and I will be commuting on a daily basis and as such we both take a tea with us for our hour commute. In my 1 series there are two cup holders in the centre however I've seen a mix of images for the i3.

Is there two cup holders up front as standard or do I need to buy these from the parts department?

·
The best there is at what I do
10,268 Posts
There are also 2 in the back so your wife could sit in the back and have 2, one of the cup holders in the front is removable and can be clipped in the storage cubby hold under the armrest or clipped on the front of the fixed cup holder.

You can buy an additional cup holder and clip it on the fixed cup holder as well, if you want to buy another one they are about £70 from BMW.

·
Registered
272 Posts
There are three slots just in front of the fixed cup holder which allow one or two (not three) plug-in ones to be put in as and when required, as well as the fixed one. Most of the time, we find it useful to have three (1 fixed plus 2 plug-ins). I think one plug-in is standard; try negotiating with the dealer about another!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to see if they will discount a second one as my OCD also prefers the symmetry. :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm going to see if they will discount a second one as my OCD also prefers the symmetry.
It's okay: it is (or can be) symmetrical with either one or two. With two, they (plus the fixed one) form a nice equilateral triangle. With one, it would normally be on the centreline (though you also have the option of putting it in one of the off-centre slots and being asymmetric, if you want to give the OCD a shock ;) ).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts