Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Battery arrived, open source firmware installed... It goes really nicely... The TSDZ2 is an excellent motor.
I agree, it’s excellent. I have the 250w TSDZ2 on my home converted bike, and a Shimano Steps E8000 on a factory mtb, and I actually prefer the muscular feel of the TSDZ2.

The Shimano is a little quieter though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Recently bought a Vanmoof Electrified X2 (it was on offer!). Was very happy until something went wrong and it lost all power (other than the pedals obvs)... it's currently on its way back to Amsterdam to get it sorted.... ;-(

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
670 Posts
Just bought this beauty, I know its an off the peg, but dont judge me!

Hopefully arriving next week!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got a VanMoof S3 on order: a birthday indulgence and to assuage my EV itch. I use my bike for pootling, shopping and down the allotment and hope to extend my range a bit. It's not that I couldn't get places, like football training when it restarts, but it's hills and being knackered on the way home. Using the lower settings will get me my exercise and then ramp it up for the homeward journey: that's the theory, anyway. ;-)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Taken delivery of a Focus Paralane2 9.8 today.
Expensive? Absolutely!
However, with a discount of over 25% and being able to pass the whole cost off against profits in my business I thought it was a good time to reward myself for all the extra work we have been doing since C19 materialised.
The best thing though is that the battery can be removed fully from the bike and is not integral to the frames structure, therefore I've really bought two bikes for the price of one, both a normal human assisted bike and an e-bike too. It weighs 13kg with the battery and a tad under 9kg without.

It should help with my crazy commutes to and from Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds especially where headwinds or long climbs are needed.
I haven't driven the I-Pace more than a five hundred miles since lockdown commenced, while I have racked up roughly 1300 miles a month by bike.
If it wasn't for the other half being banned from driving I'd get rid of the I-Pace tomorrow. Perhaps I need to bin her off too :LOL:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts