Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from a newbie ev owner.

Will be picking up my nissan leaf later this week. Also I would be ringing British gas tomorrow to request for a home charging unit installation.

Would need advice from someone who may have faced this situation before. My questions is - I have heard thar British Gas (BG) recommend that I have an isolation switch fitted before they carry out any work? Is the isolator switch a must or only in some cases? I have looked at my meter and I can not see any isolator switch.

Any input/advice is will be very helpful.
Many thanks
D

·
Registered
118 Posts
You may be best finding a local installer as you may be waiting a while for BG. Where is your location someone on here will be able to help.
They may also tell you you have to change energy provider to BG to have the unit fitted like 5 outlander owners were told last week that we fitted for.
Ref isolator you may be thinking about isolator for the meter tails so they don't have to cut the seals if they have to put a sub board in, like @Paul said pod point require a rotary isolator before the unit.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Darpan I am also from South Wales (near Llantrisant). Where are you from?

I would highly recommend you find an installer who installs the Rolec Wallpod type 1 tethered station.

http://www.naturalsparx.co.uk/product/1052056166/Rolec-WallPod-EV-HomeCharge-32amp-5-metre-lead-J1772-(type-1)

PhoenixWorks installed mine, but I think there is a bit of a waiting list atm. Definitely recommend them though.

There are a couple of other installers posting on here too. But I don't know any local installers off hand sorry.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Dean Hamer Thank you very much for the info. I am in Pontyclun - not far. I have asked someone on the forum if they can install it for me. Will keep the other two references handy too. Thanks again. I notice you're a leaf a cent a owner too. Good to know someone in the same region. Would be asking for tips/info regarding nearby public chargers too.
Darpan

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
No problem. Drop me a message if you have any questions as I'm only 10mins from you.

I usually see an older lady in her leaf around tesco in Llantrisant and she loves it!

But this weekend I have seen 5 leafs out and about. Their really becoming popular.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts