Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Nissan leaf 2015 24kw.+ 2021 MG ZS EV
87 Posts
I've got a rolec fitted and it does exactly what it's supposed to do without a single issue, the biggest problem with older fitted boxes looking at the pics online were down to cheap MCBs fitted in them and sparkies that don't know how to tighten a screw up. get a box with decent gear in it and fitted correctly and you shouldn't have a problem no matter the make

· Registered
Nissan leaf 2015 24kw.+ 2021 MG ZS EV
87 Posts
I wondered when someone would pull me up on that yes RCBO s and the original ones fitted to the older Rolecs were either branded rolec or some cheap Chinese version.
Nothing wrong with the Chinese units though the ones they got were admittedly awful
And it's not just an insinuation on poor work from sparkies I've worked with some who shouldn't be left to wire up a plug let alone a car charger 😵
And maybe my charger won't last but when it does fail (if it fails) I'll either replace the bits inside that have failed or stick another working unit in its place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.