Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....so far so good. Leaf due mid December and British gas are coming on the 11th Nov to fit the home charging unit. It's a standard 12a charger so will charge in 8 hours which is fine over night and nissan are covering the cost.

·
Super Moderator
7,575 Posts
Congratulations, hope the install goes smoothly for you!

Reactions: IW_Mark_Nissan_Leaf

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I am impressed British Gas have a dedicated EV department and they have been very prompt on replying with emails etc. I am going to speak to them about their special rates for EV customers too !

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah I am impressed British Gas have a dedicated EV department and they have been very prompt on replying with emails etc. I am going to speak to them about their special rates for EV customers too !
Ahh very good. Check out ecotricity too they have a good EV electric deal too and they are pro EV. Just something to look into :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's now possible to get a 32A Rolec charge point installed, fully funded by the OLEV grant. It may not be useful now, but for any future EV you may purchase that can take advantage of a 32A charger it could be much more useful.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
It's now possible to get a 32A Rolec charge point installed, fully funded by the OLEV grant. It may not be useful now, but for any future EV you may purchase that can take advantage of a 32A charger it could be much more useful.
How do you get that?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Give Gillian a call at The Phoenix Works, 0113 815 5366, they are really helpful, and highly recommended.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would wait because Rolec has a problem with the Nissan leaf 2014 year ?
Hopefully will have this fixed soon

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Oh, really? Well, mine is due for delivery in early January so I only have a couple of months to sort it out. The "default" option is a British Gas 3.3kW charger, or for £90 it gets upgraded to a 32A charger but they didn't specify exactly what type.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am going to wait for Rolec because the upgrade is having the same problem. The 2014 pulls more power then the 2013 leaf and because the company was not hiding the problem with the new Nissan and he did say this will be put right next month

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I understand that the 2014 leaf tekna only comes with the 3.3 kw on board. A faster on board 6.6 kw is an optional nissan extra. I understand that if you went for this plus paid the British gas upgrade you could charge at home in 4hrs rather than 8hrs. For me that was not a concern because I will always be charging at home over night so 8 hrs is fine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did find the Nissan charger is good for finding out if someone has a problem with the power
Because when I stopped off at a friend places for the weekend the car said no way ?
It turn out they had a problem with the earth and was happy I plug in

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
The standard Leaf (all models) come with the 3.3kW charger and a CHAdeMO cable that gives you the 30 minute rapid charge. The upgrade to a 6.6kW charger is £1,150 and can only be fitted at the factory during manufacture. It drops the charge time down to 4 hours. For me it was worth it because I plan to do a regular 124 mile round trip, and can then charge at the destination (62 miles from start) while shopping.

The BG charger is a 3.3kW one. You can have it upgraded to 6.6kW for £90, which I opted to do. While it isn't very important now, I'm likely to have another EV after the Leaf so I thought I might as well future proof.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts