Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Polar/BG home charger, 32 amp. My Leaf has a 3.3kw charger. I have generally reckoned that it charges up at about 17mph, assuming 1 mile per 1% of charge, although there does seem to be some variation.

Last night I arrived home with 20% in the battery, having previously charged up to 76% at Medway Services Westbound. The journey home was just under 50 miles. I plugged in in the usual way and allowed the timed charge to start as per normal at midnight. I happened to wake up at just after 3 a.m. and checked the state of charge via Carwings. 75%. At 3.19 I checked again and the charge had stopped at 80%.

Assuming 21kwh is a full charge, 60% of that is 12.6 kwh. For that level to have been reached in 200 minutes implies that the car is charging at 3.6kw.

Is that possible? Have I done my sums wrong? Or is it within some sort of allowable margin of error within the charging hardware and software?

·
Registered
537 Posts
My 2013 '3.3 kW' LEAF charges at 3650W +- about5W (Realpower) on full power. My 2013MY Ampera, however charges at 3300W at max.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts