Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started getting quotes for home charger installation.

We have a driveway to the right hand side of our house which is where the home charger will be situated. Our consumer unit is located in the utility room which is on the left hand side of the house and the cable would come out through the outside wall and then down to the front garden/path and then the best option is to trunk it under the garden to where the wall box is situated. The only issue of this is it is roughly 27 metres of cabling from the consumer unit to where the wall unit would be situated.

I have a first quote coming back at approx £1.1k for the Zappi fitted and approx £900 for the wall box pulsar plus. (This is with me digging the trench so taking away the labour side).

I am trying to get a few more companies round to quote but not proving that easy to pin them down to a quote. With this amount of cabling does these type of prices seem normal!!? The quotes include the £350 government grant as well.

I am in Salford (North West) if anyone knows of anyone to recommend.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I have started getting quotes for home charger installation.

We have a driveway to the right hand side of our house which is where the home charger will be situated. Our consumer unit is located in the utility room which is on the left hand side of the house and the cable would come out through the outside wall and then down to the front garden/path and then the best option is to trunk it under the garden to where the wall box is situated. The only issue of this is it is roughly 27 metres of cabling from the consumer unit to where the wall unit would be situated.

I have a first quote coming back at approx £1.1k for the Zappi fitted and approx £900 for the wall box pulsar plus. (This is with me digging the trench so taking away the labour side).

I am trying to get a few more companies round to quote but not proving that easy to pin them down to a quote. With this amount of cabling does these type of prices seem normal!!? The quotes include the £350 government grant as well.

I am in Salford (North West) if anyone knows of anyone to recommend.

Thanks
For this type of installation, probably best to avoid the grant and work with a local ordinary sparky.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,525 Posts
For this type of installation, probably best to avoid the grant and work with a local ordinary sparky.
Or get a local one to do the cable run and let the charger installer do the rest so perhaps ask for revised quotes where they just have to make the final connection.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Or get a local one to do the cable run and let the charger installer do the rest so perhaps ask for revised quotes where they just have to make the final connection.
Hi, in reality its never just a case of making final connections. It's far better to agree with one person what the overall design will be, then divide up the scope and labour. You won't get that with a national installation company.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just a bit of recent experience getting quotes. I had quotes from ChargedEV and SyncEV.

Both came back with a quote based on me needing 20m length of cabling from meter box to driveway (20mm armoured cables apparently), which they charge @£8/metre over their standard install cable length.

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts