Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently ordered a new ZE50 to replace my old Zoe - I've already got a Podpoint 7kw home charger installed, so I don't need a new one, but I've been contacted to arrange installation of the new charger included with the purchase of the car.

Does it have to be installed at my address, or could I get it installed elsewhere? (I suspect I'm not eligible based on the fact I've already claimed the grant for one, but it would be a bonus to get one at my parents too if Renault are paying...!!)

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Unfortunately the free charger requires that you are eligible for the OLEV grant and has to be at the owners address. As you have claimed previously and only have one EV, you aren't eligible as you say.

Some people have managed to get Renault to install by paying the £350 and you could enquire if that is possible at your parents. That is still cheap for a fully installed charging point with 3 years warranty.

In your shoes I wouldn't mention I already had one, I would say can't accommodate at my address and would like at my parents house and see what they offered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts