Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mg5ev
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have joined octopus energy with overnight 5p charge for 4hours with £50cashback with link below. And the deal has no leaving penalties. Anybody found better please.

share.octopus.energy/quiet-yak-446

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, i have joined octopus energy with overnight 5p charge for 4hours with £50cashback with link below. And the deal has no leaving penalties. Anybody found better please.

To get a reliable, guaranteed 5p/unit from the grid? I've not seen anything lower lately.
The only way to go lower from grid supply is to go with Octopus Agile & encounter a cheap rate - it's not guaranteed, and sometimes the wholesale prices become dramatically higher (January and this week being a bit steep for instance).
Of course if you have the cash & a suitable roof, you can fit solar panels. Paired with a Zappi charger (or similar) you can charge your car with only the 'spare' electricity, and effectively 'pay' nothing for that power.. but you'd of course need to then work out what that was worth after having spent the money on the solar panels.

·
Registered
Mg5ev
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, i already have solar and am considering battery storage. Thinking of charging batteries from solar in summer. Then from grid at cheap time to use when full price in winter.

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Maybe British Gas? Last I looked, their EV tariff off peak rate was 4.7p between 12am and 5am. No idea if that's still the case. Peak rate was pretty expensive though (20p?), so saving that 0.3p off peak can easily be completely undone during the day.

·
Premium Member
11,644 Posts

I guess you are a new member as there are a lot of us on Octopus Go or Go Faster. A few brave souls are still on Agile, but it hasn't been great for most people recently!

There are also quite a few people who have taken advantage of the OHME commando EVSE offer as it can work out an affordable charging solution.

We use Smart charging energy supply for electric vehicles - ev.energy to schedule charging and the latest beta integrates into cars other than Tesla.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts