Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we replace our ICE with a Zoe I'll need to sort out how to charge it as well as the C-Zero. We have a Chargemaster 32A unit with type 1 tethered cable installed in the garage.

I've been led to believe that I'm not allowed to modify the OLEV funded charger in any way – my ideal solution would have been to terminate the tethered lead in a type 2 socket installed on the wall, then plug either car into this. The excess tethered cable with the J1772 plug could then be converted to a type 2 to type 1 cable (for the Citroen) and the Zoe is supplied with a type 2 to type 2 cable as standard.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
All I signed for was to supply metered info for 3 years, I think you can do what you want with the charger.
The question did come up before from someone wanting to move house with his one.........
If we replace our ICE with a Zoe I'll need to sort out how to charge it as well as the C-Zero. We have a Chargemaster 32A unit with type 1 tethered cable installed in the garage.

I've been led to believe that I'm not allowed to modify the OLEV funded charger in any way – my ideal solution would have been to terminate the tethered lead in a type 2 socket installed on the wall, then plug either car into this. The excess tethered cable with the J1772 plug could then be converted to a type 2 to type 1 cable (for the Citroen) and the Zoe is supplied with a type 2 to type 2 cable as standard.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not recommending this, just thinking out loud without full research....

Get a Type 1 Inlet, mount it to a small box with a 3-5m tethered type 2 lead then "plug through" for Type 2 / use original for type 1?

As I say, not fully researched the possible implications of mixing the different mechanisms...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts