Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
Just picked up my first PHEV today. A Vauxhall Ampera. Looking at home charge points (Rolex and eo mini) and wanted to know do they charge any quicker than the charge 3 pin lead that's comes supplied with the car? I think the car will only draw 10amps max anyway so is a home charge point going to make much difference to charge speed or just convenience?
Thanks in advance.
John.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hi There,
Just picked up my first PHEV today. A Vauxhall Ampera. Looking at home charge points (Rolex and eo mini) and wanted to know do they charge any quicker than the charge 3 pin lead that's comes supplied with the car? I think the car will only draw 10amps max anyway so is a home charge point going to make much difference to charge speed or just convenience?
Thanks in advance.
John.
No idea. You might have more chance of getting an answer by posting in the Vauxhall Ampera section and not the General VW section of the forum.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Watches that go clunk - Sounds very steampunk :D:D
As to having a Rolex - you could buy a tesla (and the associated wallbox) for the cost of a Rolex

Actually for a wallbox I have an old chargemaster not a Rolec, It makes a clunk when the contacter pulls in as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look at the Growatt home charger.
Time for a full charge is circa 4 hours compare with 12+ hours on the granny cord which defaults to 6amp charge rate. 10 amp is an option using the granny but your home electrics need checking out to be sure that you are not overloading them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts