Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked before (if it has please point me in the right direction) but what are the best options for home charging please?

Even if I don't get an EV or REX sooner rather than later, is it worth getting a charge point at home?

Is there a network of homes for charging whilst you're on the move, similar to renting a parking space?

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,694 Posts
I used Chargemaster and they turned up as promised just waiting to test on actual car now borrowing one tomorrow. There are park at my house who advertise use of charger while parked on their path.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Having bought a Zoe last week,they're now fixing me up with a Wallbox courtesy of BG and OLEV..processing now,hopefully..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're not planning on getting an EV soon, then leave the chargers for the people are... o_O
Goal posts have moved on that one, otherwise I would have arranged for a charger to be installed because whether it is in the immediate or more distant future, I'll be getting a car that is part or totally electric.. o_O

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Juice Box from Electric Motor Werks. I personally take it with me and use an adapter to charge it in different locations. It was the only easily portable charger I could find.

As for renting out charge space... I am not sure how or if that works from the residential position.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
But is it approved for use in the UK? The web site does not say that it is CE approved or complies with the UK regs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts