Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed this in the Sunday Mail yesterday. (Free from Waitrose I may add!) :p
Is this a windup! Where on earth will all that hydrogen come from and how will it reach domestic premises?
I would rather cars be powered by the stuff than waste it on home heating.

"As head of the Government’s climate change committee, Tory peer John Selwyn Gummer was a key figure behind last week’s controversial decision to ban fossil fuel central heating in new homes.

But in pushing for the radical change, he failed to declare that the firm he runs has received more than £500,000 from companies which are set to make millions from the decision.

The ban, from 2025, was announced by Chancellor Philip Hammond following the recommendations of two reports by the Committee on Climate Change (CCC), chaired by Mr Gummer, now known as Lord Deben.

The reports both recommended homes should no longer be heated with natural gas but with hydrogen – even though it is an expensive, and, as yet, largely untried method.

Gummer did not declare he had any relevant private interests in either report, even though his family-run consultancy, Sancroft International, has received at least £299,699 from Johnson Matthey, which sells hydrogen technology.

The firm is also part of a lobby group, the Hydrogen Council, which campaigns for policy changes favouring the hydrogen industry."

That figures!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts