Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe, ZE40 Q90
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pod Point type 2 charger fitted at home for my Zoe ZE 40 company car (installed at company expense)
I thought they had fitted a 7kw unit, but I'm not so sure!
The car has around 52% battery left and when I plugged in, the remaining time was over 9hrs!
Whilst at work the other day my car had 55% battery, when I plugged into their 7kw charger the time remaining was just over 2hrs?
Something not quite right??

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,951 Posts
Sounds faulty, either the PodPoint or the untethered lead if you have one. Get someone else to try their car (and lead) on it then get PodPoint back.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe, ZE40 Q90
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've dropped PP a message so will see what they say, I don't want to be opening the unit after only being in a few weeks (not that I am not capable, just don't want to void warranty)
Sounds faulty, either the PodPoint or the untethered lead if you have one. Get someone else to try their car (and lead) on it then get PodPoint back.
I've used my lead on other chargers and they seem fine.
I will see what PP have to say about it.
Cheers👍

·
Registered
Renault Zoe, ZE40 Q90
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have done some jiggery-pokery in the back office and sent an update to my unit, I'll see what the outcome is the next time I plug in.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I wonder if the guy just forgot to set the dip switches. They are set for 6 Amps socketed at the factory.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe, ZE40 Q90
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lady on the phone said she 'saw' an issue and squirted some magic down over Internet? That might just have been me plugging in just long enough to see how long the charge would take?
I'm at pretty full capacity now so will plug in tomorrow and see what the predicted charge time is.
I don't really want to take the cover off (void warranty?) but I'm pretty sure I am capable of checking and altering dip switches!

·
Registered
338 Posts
But I don't think you would have to do that.

My PP is set for 3.5kWh due to a looped supply into my property, which the installer set whilst talking to PP. When my looped supply is removed, PP will be able to change the charger output to 7 kWh remotely.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe, ZE40 Q90
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But I don't think you would have to do that.

My PP is set for 3.5kWh due to a looped supply into my property, which the installer set whilst talking to PP. When my looped supply is removed, PP will be able to change the charger output to 7 kWh remotely.
I'll see what's what when I next charge 👍

·
Registered
Renault Zoe, ZE40 Q90
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I've plugged in again following the online update and my Pod Point seems to be charging at the correct rate now 👍

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,951 Posts
Glad this has been a happy ending. 👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts