Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve have a home Podpoint installed for the the last years, and all is fine, but recently, although it still charges my Zoe, the Podpoint app on my phone isn’t showing me the charges I’ve done at home. It shows charges on public charge points, but none at home. Any ideas why not?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does it work through your wifi or a SIM? My Chargemaster SIM component failed the first time I plugged the car in - now been replaced but still waiting for them (after a week) to update their site (issue for me is the installers have not yet recorded the unit as installed)

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's hasn't synced correctly with your account. Call the helpline, make sure the email you bought a podpoint through is the same email you set your podpoint app account with.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I find that the app pretty hit and miss - currently it's showing no history for the last month, 1 charge in June, nothing in May and once in April. I also get the monthly emails and they are always wrong. Only thing that is right is the amount of credit I have - put £5 on when I signed up 3 years ago and still have most of it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had a problem with the home WiFi network, and had to re-enter, not change, the WiFi password, I believe this is when I lost connection between the unit and WiFi. I emailed them asking how to reconnect it, and they replied, but didn’t add the link which wasn’t helpful, and I presume it explains how to do it!
I’ll ring back next week, but doubt they will be very helpful, as I’ve had the unit over 3 years now and it‘s out of warranty, but does anyone know how to reconnect it to our WiFi network, and where to do it?
Thanks,
Simon.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow the official instructions?

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/podpoint-website/Solo-Smart-Charger-Connection-Guide.pdf

The key issues is whether you enable it on your router - that may be blocking it.
Follow the official instructions?

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/podpoint-website/Solo-Smart-Charger-Connection-Guide.pdf

The key issues is whether you enable it on your router - that may be blocking it.
it worked! Thanks a lot, very much appreciated. Saves having to ring Podpoint!

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Pleasure. It's all that they would have got you to do anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts