Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone received the EV home charger grant more than once?

I ask because we are considering having a home wall charger installed, however we are planning to move home within 18 months so I am trying to establish whether we can get the grant again, a second time, for our next home?

I don't know how they apply the grant criteria, whether it is on the vehicle, property address, or the individual person who owns an EV.

I would welcome any information or advice from anyone who has experience of this scenario.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,646 Posts
It’s tied to the vehicle, so one grant per vehicle until it’s sold, whereupon the new owner would be eligible for a grant at their address.

·
Registered
i3 94AH
14 Posts
Has anyone received the EV home charger grant more than once?

I ask because we are considering having a home wall charger installed, however we are planning to move home within 18 months so I am trying to establish whether we can get the grant again, a second time, for our next home?

I don't know how they apply the grant criteria, whether it is on the vehicle, property address, or the individual person who owns an EV.

I would welcome any information or advice from anyone who has experience of this scenario.
I had a 2nd point fitted this year under the OLEV grant now we have 3 EVs but I had to prove I still had the original vehicle from 4 years ago when the first point was installed. Not sure about moving house though?

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
My interpretation is that you can't claim twice for the same car. We claimed on previous cars at current house but have not claimed on our current cars, such as Model 3. Therefore, we plan to claim the grant on the Model 3 at new home. See excerpt from form below

Screenshot_20201223-214525_kindlephoto-16582841.png

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
We got our first grant in 2013 and our second one this year. The second one was for a different car and at a different address. Just had to prove we owned the current car and resided at the new address.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If it's a company car, and the grant was used for another employee, as long as it's more than 6 months after the first installation and the company state that the car has been transferred to a new user, you can get the OLEV grant again for the same car.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Bumping this thread because I'm in the same situation.
So, I've been told by two installers I can claim and by one I cannot.
(Situation, claimed before at current property on old car, this would be for new car at new property)
The OLEV form seem to indicate you can claim in this situation,since I pass all the criteria but the guidance which isa different document, specifically states that an individual can only claim once (unless you have two cars).
.???

So looks like I could get away with it because the forms don't exclude my situation, but the guidance says i can't.

what to do?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
To claim a second time you need to have two EVs at once from what I can work out.

If the installer says you can claim and then you cannot.... does the installer pay the difference? Or are you on the hook for the full costs? If they put their money where their advice is then you go with either of the installers that say you can claim and that are willing to put it in writing if you can't they'll pay any additional costs. Then see who says you still can.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
I successfully claimed last year for a second charge point at a different house and for a different car. Definitely didn't still have the first car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts